SERVICE TECHNICIAN (II)
Are you a process-minded, detail-oriented professional? Do you see challenges before they arise and proactively tackle them? Do you share our mission to build a sustainable energy future for Hawaii? If so, join the REC Solar team in Honolulu as a Service Technician!
ABOUT REC SOLAR
REC Solar was ranked as one of Hawaii's leading commercial solar providers in 2014 and 2015 by PBN Research. We also rank in the top five solar companies for job growth and kilowatts installed on the islands.
Our mission is to provide Hawaii businesses with renewable energy while reducing their power bills and increasing sustainability. Our projects contribute more than 70MW of clean energy to Hawaii’s grid, and we have helped more than 60 businesses throughout the islands go solar, including Dole Plantation, Safeway, Longs, Turtle Bay Resort, Tony Autoplex, and more!
WHY WORK WITH US?
Our employees are innovative, proactive, collaborative, and empowered. They deliver market-leading solutions to bring lasting value to our customers, and they leverage their experience to provide exception service and achieve key results. Additional benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401K with 4% company match
• Employee referral and project referral bonus programs
• Paid vacation, sick time, jury duty, bereavement
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
REC Service Technicians report to Field Service Managers, and are responsible for ensuring the end to end safety, quality and performance of solar PV systems. This includes performing preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and periodic supervision of laborers. The ideal candidate thinks critically, can work well independently, and is a problem-solver skilled at troubleshooting. Service Technicians must adhere to REC Solar’s safety and quality standards, and coordinate with personnel, vendors, and customers in a professional manner. The ideal candidate has attention to detail, follows instructions and can work independently.
• High school graduate or equivalent minimum
• Industrial & Commercial Electrical Journeyman certification in the state of Hawaii (e.g.: General Journeyman, Master’s Electrician, etc.) with extensive experience with both 600V and 1000V PV systems (positive, negative, and ungrounded)
• Fully Trained, certified, and deemed confident in maintenance and minor repair on typical PV System components, including, but not limited to, string inverters, central inverters, array trackers, combiner boxes, and DAS equipment
• Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and OSHA regulations, specifically strong working knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC) and 70E (Electrical Safety in the Workplace)
• Working knowledge of solar PV systems, plan sets, and one-line diagrams for installations
• Must be able to work with medium physical effort (lifting/moving up to 50 pounds) and full range of mobility in upper and lower body in order to be able to work in various positions.
• Must be able work at heights greater than 10’, work on ladders of all types, work on scissor and bucket lifts on occasion.
• Demonstrate ability to manage tasks, commitments, and deadlines.
• Must have flexible work hours (which may include overtime and periodic weekend support) and availability for medium to extensive travel
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with team members.
• General understanding of MS Office Suite software or similar programs, especially Word & Excel.
• Valid state Driver’s license with clean MVR
• Must have clean background check and drug test
• 30 Hours of OSHA Training
• NABCEP certification
• Medium voltage and/or substation experience
• 2 years’ college degree or formal trade school
To apply online, please fill out the form below: