SENIOR SERVICE TECHNICIAN (III)
San Luis Obispo, CA
Are you a process-minded, detail-oriented professional? Do you see challenges before they arise and proactively tackle them? Do you share our mission to build a sustainable energy future? If so, join the REC Solar team in California as a Senior Service Technician!
ABOUT REC SOLAR
REC Solar was founded in 1997 by Judy Staley and Fred Sisson. Over 18 years, REC Solar has installed more than 500 commercial solar systems in California, Hawaii, and nationwide, representing more than 170 megawatts of projects. In 2015, Duke Energy, the largest utility in the United States, made a significant investment into REC Solar in order to promote the growth and development of commercial solar solutions in America.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Our employees are innovative, proactive, collaborative, and empowered. They deliver market-leading solutions to bring lasting value to our customers, and they leverage their experience to provide exception service and achieve key results. Additional benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401K with 4% company match
• Employee referral and project referral bonus programs
• Paid vacation, sick time, jury duty, bereavement
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Senior Service Technicians report to Quality Supervisors, and are responsible for ensuring the end-to-end safety, quality and performance of solar PV systems. This includes performing preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and periodic supervision of small crews. The ideal candidate thinks critically, can work well independently, and is a problem-solver skilled at troubleshooting. Senior Service Technicians must adhere to REC Solar’s safety and quality standards, and coordinate with personnel, vendors, and customers in a professional manner. Senior Service Technicians will also provide guidance in development of Project Specific Testing & Commissioning Plans. The ideal candidate has attention to detail, follows instructions and can work independently.
• 2 years of college or trade school following High school graduate or equivalent minimum
• Industrial & Commercial Electrical Journeyman certification in the state of California (e.g.: General Journeyman, Master’s Electrician, etc.) with extensive experience with both 600V and 1000V PV systems (positive, negative, and ungrounded)
• Fully Trained, certified, and deemed confident in maintenance and minor repair on the majority of PV System components, including, but not limited to, string inverters, central inverters, array trackers, combiner boxes, and DAS equipment
• Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and OSHA regulations, specifically strong working knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC) and 70E (Electrical Safety in the Workplace)
• Must be able to work with medium physical effort (lifting/moving up to 50 pounds) and full range of mobility in upper and lower body in order to be able to work in various positions.
• Must be able work at heights greater than 10’, work on ladders of all types, work on scissor and bucket lifts on occasion.
• Demonstrate ability to manage tasks, commitments, and deadlines.
• Must have flexible work hours (which may include overtime and periodic weekend support) and availability for medium to extensive travel
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with team members.
• General understanding of MS Office Suite software or similar programs, especially Word & Excel.
• Valid state Driver’s license with clean MVR
• Must have clean background check and drug test
• 30 Hours of OSHA Training
• NABCEP certification
• Medium voltage and/or substation experience
• 4-year college degree
To apply online, please fill out the form below: