Do you want to make things that matter? Do you thrive in solving complex infrastructure design and engineering challenges? Do you share our mission to build a sustainable energy future for Hawaii? If so, join the REC Solar team in Honolulu as a Sales Estimator/Engineer!
ABOUT REC SOLAR
REC Solar was ranked as one of Hawaii's leading commercial solar providers in 2014 and 2015 by PBN Research. We also rank in the top five solar companies for job growth and kilowatts installed on the islands.
Our mission is to provide Hawaii businesses with renewable energy while reducing their power bills and increasing sustainability. Our projects contribute more than 70MW of clean energy to Hawaii’s grid, and we have helped more than 60 businesses throughout the islands go solar, including Dole Plantation, Safeway, Longs, Turtle Bay Resort, Tony Autoplex, and more!
WHY WORK WITH US?
Our employees are innovative, proactive, collaborative, and empowered. They deliver market-leading solutions to bring lasting value to our customers, and they leverage their experience to provide exception service and achieve key results. Additional benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401K with 4% company match
• Employee referral and project referral bonus programs
• Paid vacation, sick time, jury duty, bereavement
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Estimator/Engineer reports to the Director of Development Engineering and is responsible for supporting and managing the technical project qualification and proposal requirements, and performing technical diligence for new commercial and utility scale solar projects during the development and Sales proposal stages. The Sales Estimator/Engineer will identify the most appropriate technical solution, work with other members of the team with regards to regionally-driven incentives, and optimize overall lifecycle project cost. Travel is expected and required as needed by project location and scope. The Sales Engineer is also responsible for supporting the contracting and booking phases of awarded projects, and transferring knowledge and information to other teams for implementation.
The Sales Estimator/Engineer functions as the primary technical expert and resource for projects under development for proposal to customers. This includes the vetting of project specifications and requirements, providing technical support to the Sales department and other teams, and developing design documents, drawings, and cost estimates. In addition to functions for specific project development, the Sales Estimator/Engineer will also provide modeling and analyses in general support of improving REC Solar’s capabilities in optimization, quality, and expertise.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction related field (or equivalent experience)
• National Electrical Code (NEC) knowledge
• Financial/Estimating background
• Ability to adapt to changes in a growing industry
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals, while representing REC with professionalism
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, deliverables, and schedules in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Innovative and proactive. Ability to independently think critically and solve problems.
• Willingness to travel as required.
• Valid state Driver’s license with clean MVR and driving record
• Must have clean background check and drug test
• 3+ years of engineering experience
• 2+ years of Solar Industry experience
• Strong computer skills required; MS Outlook, Word, Excel, AutoCAD, PVSyst, and other engineering software
• Ability to interpret construction documents and technical specifications
To apply online, please fill out the form below: