Are you a natural leader? Can you see a complex infrastructure project all the way to completion? Do you share our mission to build a sustainable energy future for Hawaii? If so, join the REC Solar team in Honolulu as a Project Manager!
ABOUT REC SOLAR
REC Solar was ranked as one of Hawaii's leading commercial solar providers in 2014 and 2015 by PBN Research. We also rank in the top five solar companies for job growth and kilowatts installed on the islands.
Our mission is to provide Hawaii businesses with renewable energy while reducing their power bills and increasing sustainability. Our projects contribute more than 70MW of clean energy to Hawaii’s grid, and we have helped more than 60 businesses throughout the islands go solar, including Dole Plantation, Safeway, Longs, Turtle Bay Resort, Tony Autoplex, and more!
WHY WORK WITH US?
Our employees are innovative, proactive, collaborative, and empowered. They deliver market-leading solutions to bring lasting value to our customers, and they leverage their experience to provide exception service and achieve key results. Additional benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401K with 4% company match
• Employee referral and project referral bonus programs
• Paid vacation, sick time, jury duty, bereavement
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Manager reports to the Senior Project Manager, and has the overall responsibility to ensure that commercial solar electric projects are completed successfully, projects costs are managed to budget, and the schedule is completed in accordance with the contract milestones. The Project Manager provides oversight of cross-functional teams including legal, contract administration, engineering, order management, purchasing, subcontracting, logistics and direct hire construction from the time of project contracting to its completion. The Project Manager acts as the authorized representative with responsibility for overall project contact administration and client management. The Project Manager leads and manages Project Management staff including Assistant Project Managers and Project Administrators.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field;
• 5 years of experience managing specialty construction projects in both public and private sectors;
• Experience leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
• Ability to interpret and proceed according to construction contracts;
• Strong organizational, time-management, and customer service skills
• Communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing both internally and externally;
• Possess strong work ethic and willingness to put in the time necessary to maintain an effective schedule that matches the needs of the client;
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings;
• Experience with financial valuation and/or budgeting;
• Outstanding skill with MS Project and MS Windows applications.
• Valid state Driver’s license with clean MVR;
• Must have clean background check and drug test.
• Formal leadership and process management training as well as 5 years’ experience in a primary leadership role;
• Experience in navigating municipal, state and federal jurisdictions to obtain project design and construction plan approvals;
• Experience in compliance with Federal contracts, processes, documentation and onsite training requirements;
• Electrical construction/contracting background with large commercial projects;
• Knowledge of solar electric systems and/or power generation and distribution;
• Experience with implementing solar electric systems;
• PMP or NPDP certification;
• Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
To apply online, please fill out the form below: