Are you a hard-working, safety-minded professional? Do you pride yourself on getting the job done right the first time? Do you share our mission to build a sustainable energy future for Hawaii? If so, join the REC Solar team in Honolulu as a Construction Superintendent!
ABOUT REC SOLAR
REC Solar was ranked as one of Hawaii's leading commercial solar providers in 2014 and 2015 by PBN Research. We also rank in the top five solar companies for job growth and kilowatts installed on the islands.
Our mission is to provide Hawaii businesses with renewable energy while reducing their power bills and increasing sustainability. Our projects contribute more than 70MW of clean energy to Hawaii’s grid, and we have helped more than 60 businesses throughout the islands go solar, including Dole Plantation, Safeway, Longs, Turtle Bay Resort, Tony Autoplex, and more!
WHY WORK WITH US?
Our employees are innovative, proactive, collaborative, and empowered. They deliver market-leading solutions to bring lasting value to our customers, and they leverage their experience to provide exception service and achieve key results. Additional benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401K with 4% company match
• Employee referral and project referral bonus programs
• Paid vacation, sick time, jury duty, bereavement
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Construction Superintendent will manage REC Solar's commercial field construction teams to ensure a safe work environment, high quality of work, customer satisfaction, and project profitability. This position will work closely with Project Management to develop and track accurate construction schedule forecasts, as well as with Construction Services to coordinate job staffing requirements and with Engineering to provide system design support.
This position will be located at a job site location in Hawaii.
• High School diploma or equivalent; must have a general background in Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical construction
• 7-10 years of commercial electrical experience and 5 years of construction supervision, including experience working with 480v 3-Phase electrical gear.
• Required certifications/licenses include: General Journeyman Electrician's Certification, Driver's license in good standing, First Aid/ CPR certified, Electrical Supervisors License in Hawaii
• Working knowledge of National Electrical Code, Uniform Building Code, OSHA safety standards and small hand tools operations
• Proficient with heavy equipment (forklifts, reach forklifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
• Experience in preparation and management of a site-specific safety plan
• Maintain a high attention to detail and quality control while focused on efforts to increase installation efficiency
• Must have experience managing installation crews larger than 25 staff
• Strong computer knowledge, including functional use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, etc.
• Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion
• Good judgment and analytical skills, ability to think critically and solve problems
• Organizational and customer service skills
• Valid state Driver’s license with clean MVR
• Must have clean background check and drug test
• Some Vocational/Technical/Business School or College is desirable
To apply online, please fill out the form below: