Are you a hard-working, safety-minded professional? Do you pride yourself on getting the job done right the first time? Do you share our mission to build a sustainable energy future for Hawaii? If so, join the REC Solar team in Honolulu as a Construction Manager!
ABOUT REC SOLAR
REC Solar was ranked as one of Hawaii's leading commercial solar providers in 2014 and 2015 by PBN Research. We also rank in the top five solar companies for job growth and kilowatts installed on the islands.
Our mission is to provide Hawaii businesses with renewable energy while reducing their power bills and increasing sustainability. Our projects contribute more than 70MW of clean energy to Hawaii’s grid, and we have helped more than 60 businesses throughout the islands go solar, including Dole Plantation, Safeway, Longs, Turtle Bay Resort, Tony Autoplex, and more!
WHY WORK WITH US?
Our employees are innovative, proactive, collaborative, and empowered. They deliver market-leading solutions to bring lasting value to our customers, and they leverage their experience to provide exception service and achieve key results. Additional benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401K with 4% company match
• Employee referral and project referral bonus programs
• Paid vacation, sick time, jury duty, bereavement
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Construction Manager (CM) reports to the Director of Construction, and is responsible managing construction operations for small to utility-scale solar installation projects (ranging in size from 100 kW to 30 MW.) This position interfaces with Project Management and Construction Services to develop construction schedules and forecasts, coordinate staffing requirements, and to manage production in alignment with approved progress schedules and budgets. The CM will also work with Engineering to provide pre-construction design support and post-construction feedback. The CM is responsible for ensuring that safety practices, quality standards, and production goals are met.
The ideal candidate has a background in Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical construction, and can maintain a high level of attention to detail and quality control while increasing installation efficiency. This candidate is professional in appearance, can manage multiple tasks simultaneous, and is capable of managing a work force of 25+ personnel.
• High School diploma or equivalent; must have a general background in Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical construction
• 7-10 years of commercial electrical experience and 5 years of construction supervision, including experience working with 480v 3-Phase electrical gear.
• Required certifications/licenses include: General Journeyman Electrician's Certification, First Aid/ CPR certified, Electrical Supervisors License in Hawaii
• Working knowledge of National Electrical Code, Uniform Building Code, OSHA safety standards and small hand tools operations
• Proficient with heavy equipment (forklifts, reach forklifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
• Experience in preparation and management of a site-specific safety plan
• Maintain a high attention to detail and quality control while focused on efforts to increase installation efficiency
• Must have experience managing installation crews larger than 25 staff
• Strong computer knowledge, including functional use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, etc.
• Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion
• Good judgment and analytical skills, ability to think critically and solve problems
• Organizational and customer service skills
• Valid state Driver’s license with clean MVR
• Must have clean background check and drug test
• Some Vocational/Technical/Business School or College is desirable
To apply online, please fill out the form: